Sunday, August 28, 2011

Getting back on track

Last week my sister came to visit me from Dallas! This was a great learning opportunity for me in my food journey. Did I eat right while she was here??? Heck no. But I did learn something. I learned that it is ok to eat bad on special occasions and get right back on track afterwards. This, after all, is part of life, and there is no room for things like guilt because I am not on a "diet". And just to let you know, I did not waste any of these experiences with junk food...I stuck to yelp for 4 and 5 star places only and it was a very gastronomically pleasing experience! So, I have back-tracked quite a bit and while my motivation has waned a little, I am committed to a healthier lifestyle. Writing will help my commitment, as will a few good trips to the farmer's market and some more new recipes.

When I started my journey I contacted Lindsay from passionate homemaking. She is kind of a big deal in the real food blog world, and she just so happens to live in Portland! She was nice enough to invite me into her home and teach me more of what she knows and give me some guidance. I haven't met with her yet but hopefully will this week and I will be sure to post all about it.

I am really looking forward to getting back on track and feeling better!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a nice visit with your sista!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete