Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm a Foodie...

I am learning the key to enjoying salads is to google.  Google kind of makes my world go 'round...I'd go as far to say that I am a google expert.  I actually have friends and family who call me and ask me questions because they know I rock at the internet.  I may try to market myself someday and charge money for this, that's how good I am.  Ok, anyway.  Enough bragging.  Find out what other people like.  Allrecipes.com is a great resource.  I am not a salad eater.  I have only ever eaten Caesar salads and have never appreciated trying new strange things on salads.  Like currants.  What the heck are currants?  Well, thanks to me being adventurous, I discovered they are kind of like a mix between grapes and cherries, only the ones I had are dried like raisins.  Good stuff, I tell ya!  So yes, to the point...earlier in the week I had a bad salad...I thought using parmasean, bacon and strawberries would be good...but it was very much not good.  To avoid making the same mistake again I googled and found some pretty yummy salads.  My favorite make-at-home salad has been hearts of romaine tossed with Annie's raspberry vinagrette dressing, topped with chopped walnuts, feta cheese and sliced apples.  This was one of the best salads I ever had.   I don't have money to buy ingredients for new salads all the time, so I will try to buy stuff for 1 new type of salad a week.

My other new make at home food was salmon.  I've always been really leary of cooking fish in my home.  I've made tilapia before, but anything else I've tried has been a horrible failure.  Luckily I bought the pre-marinated frozen salmon and it's awesome!  I will get more adventurous and buy fresh soon, but as of now I am eating salmon daily so it's nice to always have some!  Pics to be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment